Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Embroidered Cuff

I  took a class with the talented Marjorie Barnes a few weeks back and made this gorgeous cuff. In my opinion, Marjorie is one of the best embroidery bead artists I have ever seen, her work is creative and practically flawless. I love her neat stitches and creative artistry. So while the concept was quite simple for me to grasp, I learned a lot about construction and design.


I love that the cuff is simplistic, the focal gets the attention it deserves


I also like how the beads accentuate the focal and even the cuff, looks almost medieval 


Marjorie Barnes teaches locally in the Maryland area from her home, she also teaches at various bead retreats. If you have the opportunity, please take one of her classes, you will definitely grow as a bead artist.  In addition, Marjorie has an incredible stash of beading supplies so you can also shop around for unique and hard to find beads and findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment